Saturday, November 2, 2013

Rapunzel for a 5 Year Old Princess

My oldest turned 5 last month. I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she had extravagant answers that incorporated pretty much all Disney princesses as well as Minnie Mouse and Flynn Ryder. Well, that would make for a pretty cluttered cake. So, I came up with a simplified design for a Tangled Rapunzel cake.
I made a vanilla cake and stirred in some strawberry jam filling to make it a strawberry cake. That's what the princess wanted. I filled it with strawberry filling and covered it in vanilla buttercream.
Once the buttercream was set, I covered the cake in purple fondant. I added a panel of pink for the front of Rapunzel's dress and some purple lacing. I made a white ruffle to go up the sides of the lacing and around the top edge of the cake. The top of the cake was adorned in a yellow sun reminiscent of the sun in the Disney movie. I braided some yellow fondant flat ribbons for a bottom trim and added some royal icing flowers. I topped the cake with a Rapunzel ornament that the birthday girl can keep forever. In addition to the cake, I also made some cupcakes, just for good measure. She loved it and had a great birthday!







No comments:

Post a Comment