Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Then Came Thanksgiving:
I can't even begin to express everything that I am thankful for this year. I can tell you that I am unbelievably thankful for such a wonderful family and that we were all able to gather on Thanksgiving and enjoy each others' company. We are all healthy and happy and have so much to be grateful for. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving.

SO, here is what I had to bring to dinner.
I made the dressing. I read somewhere that it is stuffing when it is cooked inside the bird and dressing when it is cooked outside the bird. So, I made dressing. But, not your normal generic Stove Top stuffing.


First, you take a cup of butter and melt it in a pot. Yes, a cup of butter. Then add a cup of chopped onions, a cup of chopped apples, a cup of chopped celery, a cup of dried cranberries and a cup of chopped walnuts. Let it cook a while until everything softens up and the house smells AMAZING!


Then stir in a whole box (that is 2-6 oz bags) of dressing. Add one whole can of chicken broth. Mix gently, but well. Then spread it out in a greased casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake as directed on the back of the box for stuffing casserole. I believe it says 350 for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until browned on top. Yummy!


(This picture is before I let it brown completely on top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment